|Unit –I||Logic Devices: Tristate devices, buffers, encoder, decoder, latches.
Types of memories, memory organization, concept of control lines such as read/write, chip enable.
|Introduction to 8085 microprocessor: – Organization of Microprocessor||8 Lect.|
|based system, 8085 µp Architecture, Concept of Address line and|
|Memory interfacing, Address Decoding and Memory Interfacing,|
|8085 Programming Model, Instruction Classification, Instruction||8 Lect.|
|Format, 8085 Instruction Set
|Unit-IV||Introduction to Modern day Computer Systems: - Organization and Architecture, Structure and function.||
|System Buses: - Computer Components, Computer function, PCI: -|
|Features of PCI bus, Why PCI bus is needed? Concept of PCI|
|Internal Memory: - Concept of Cache Memory, Methods of Cache|
|Mapping, Concept and need for Cache coherency. External Memory: -|
|The 8051 Microcontroller: Introduction and overview of 8051 family, 8051 Assembly Language Programming, Jumps, Loops and call instructions.||8 Lect.|
|8051 I/O port programming, Addressing Modes, Arithmetic and Logical|
- William Stallings, “Computer Organisation and Architecture” ( 4th Edition ) – PHI, 1998. Andrew C. Tanenbaum, “Structured Computer Organisation” (3rd Edition) -, PHI. Computer System Architecture – M. Morris Memo, PHI, 1998.
- John P Hayes, “Computer Architecture and Organisation” – McGraw Hill, 1998. Digital Computer Fundamentals, Malvino
- Microprocessor Architecture and Programming and Applications with the 8085, R.S. Gaonkar, PRI (3rd Edition)
- Digital Computer Fundamentals, Thomas C Bartee, TMG
- The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded systems by M. A. Mazidi, J. G. Mazidi and R. D. McKinlay, Pearson Education.
Term Work for USIT203
- Assignments: Should contain at least 2 assignments covering the Syllabus.
- Class Tests: One. Also Known as Unit Test or In-Semester Examinations
- Tutorial : Minimum Three tutorials covering the syllabus
- Simple 8-bit and 16-bit addition and subtraction
- Transfer a block of data from one location to another.
- Find the largest/smallest of the numbers stored at one location.
- Addition of 10 numbers.
- Multiplication of 8-bit and 16-bit numbers.
- Sorting of numbers.
- BCD addition
- Find GCD and LCM of two numbers
- Swapping a block of data
8051 programs for:
- To search a number from a given set of numbers. The end of the data is indicated by 00.
- Finding the average of signed numbers.
- Multiplication of signed numbers.
- Convert the BCD 0111 0101 number to two binary numbers and transfer this number to registers.
- To find y where y = x2 + 2x + 5 and x is between 0 and 9.
- Write a program to show the use of the BIT directive.
- Write a program to find the number of zeros in register R2
- Write a program to check if the accumulator is divisible by 8.
- To check whether a character string is a palindrome or not.
- To check the number is prime or not.